Serene Suds, LLC, Product Disclaimer
All information on Serene Suds’ website is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician. Soap is intended to clean! Any additional benefits are yours for the taking, just like the aromatherapy!
- All handmade soap is sensitive to extremes in heat. Do not leave your soap product stored or displayed in hot, sunny locations. Humid conditions can cause soap to "sweat", which potentially sets the soap up for microbe growth. For this reason, Serene Suds only packages our soap in porous material (generally paper products). We are not responsible for degradation of the soap that occurs as a result of storage in heat that does not occur at our location. Our home remains air-conditioned and all soap product is shipped out in inspected and approved optimal condition. Bulk soap may be shipped early (cure-wise) for ease of processing on your end; air-out immediately upon receipt on racks or ventilated shelving.
- Soap shelf life is subject to many factors, including heat and humidity (note above), exposure to air, dirt, customer handling, etc. When purchasing bulk loaves of soap, we recommend that you keep "cured" logs (aged 4+ weeks) wrapped in porous material (brown paper works best). Your soap lasts longer when fully cured and is less likely to "melt away" too quickly. Soap cures faster cut into bars, and Serene Suds is happy to perform this service upon request. Ideal packaging is porous materials. Paper products work great and allow for exposure to encourage curing. Like fine wine, soap improves with age and curing. Some soap scents are more fleeting than others- especially citrus scents! Make a point of wrapping these "cured" varieties right at four weeks to retain scent strength as long as possible. Citrus scents, when well packaged, should retain strong scent approximately 3-4 months and begin fading thereafter. Serene Suds is not responsible for soap with any signs of rancidity (brown spotting, mold growth, or foul odor) that occurs in shipment after leaving our hands as we cannot verify conditions in which you store, package, display and allow customers to handle the soap. EXAMPLE: A customer who "smells" the soap and touches their nose to the product can inadvertently leave a myriad of bacteria on a soap that can take on a life of it's own. For this reason, we also recommend that you leave "tester soaps" out for your customers rather than leave all merchandise available for ready-access handling. Shelf life of soap should be indefinite if properly stored and handled. Albeit over time, all scents eventually fade to some degree, as can colors. The soap integrity (latherability, cleaning power, etc.) remains consistent through time.
- All soap is inspected carefully by Serene Suds upon completion of orders and prior to shipping. Serene Suds is not responsible for damage sustained to soap shipments by any appointed pick-up person or method of transfer that you may choose to use aside from our chosen carrier, USPS.
- All of our products are hand made, so no two are exactly alike. The coloration of our products may vary from batch to batch due to the use of natural herbs and spices. This enhances the uniqueness of the product.
- If damage is sustained via a USPS shipment, KEEP ALL SHIPPING MATERIALS and report the damage to USPS IMMEDIATELY! Instructions for this procedure are outlined on https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm. If the shipment is damaged beyond use, Serene Suds will make every attempt to replace your order with stock on-hand to continue the smooth flow of your product needs, subject to stock on-hand or availability of "custom" (if needed) ingredients and production time to replace your order. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CONTACT USPS IMMEDIATELY FOR THE CLAIM TO BE MADE AND RESOLUTION OF THE DAMAGE CLAIM TO BE INITIATED. If you are unable to file the claim online, please call (1-800-275-8777). Please also email Serene Suds, LLC, at email@example.com so that we can prepare ingredients for large or custom orders should a replacement be necessary. We want to accommodate you in the event of life mishaps.
- In the event that your order comes to Serene Suds at an extremely busy period and we cannot fulfill your order (would apply to unusually large orders - > 8 loaves) in an optimally timely manner, we may suggest an alternative such as splitting your order into manageable lots.
- In the event that Serene Suds experiences personal tragedy, health problems, or death while working on a soap order for you, our designated plan would be to contact you via a representative of ours to explain the state of affairs. Serene Suds will refund your money on any uncompleted portion of your order and forward any already-completed portion as per terms of shipping/pick-up by your transport/carrier arrangements.
- Due to the handmade natural aspect of our products, we do not accept product/shipment returns, nor issue credits or refunds of our products. If there is a problem that you believe is our responsibility, you or your receiving appointee must report it to us 3 business days of receiving your shipment. We would require that all or a portion of the defective product be sent to us for our evaluation of the problem and determination if the product requires being replaced at Serene Suds’ expense. Shipping of returned product will be refunded by Serene Suds. Our goal is to ALWAYS provide only the absolute finest quality handmade soap product to you at all times. Dissatisfaction with a chosen soap scent variety does not constitute reason for product return based on grounds of being "defective".